Nowadays, in order to make our appearance look more beautiful, wigs have become an indispensable part of our daily life. But before we wear the wig, we still need to do some preparations, such as plucking the hairline in front of the lace wig with tweezers.
Why do you need this step? When observing your natural hair, you will find that the length of the hair around the hairline varies, and there are some short baby hair. This is because new hair is constantly growing, and it is impossible to all be the same length, so this is a natural hairline of varying lengths. And when you buy a human hair lace wig in the market, the hairline looks unnatural, because the hair density of the wig is uniform and it is the same everywhere. Therefore, if you want to have a hairline that perfectly fits the natural hair and make the wig very realistic, you need to pluck some hair near the hairline. Plucking the hairline could create perfect baby hair and flawless hairline.
Below picture is a comparison of a preplucked hairline by wigencounters and Home DIY plucked hairline. Left side picture over here shows a preplucked hairline by wigencounters which is untouched and how it came straight out of the box. Right side is the finished Home DIY plucked hairline per my personal preference. So you can be the judge if you would like to do any further plucking per your reference after you get any wig from a hair company.
So read on if you would like to thin out a thick unnatural hairline or do any further plucking per your reference.
Tools You Will Need:
Tweezers, Water Spray Rat-tail Comb, Pins ,Canvas Head ,White Rag, Lace tint, blow drier, hot comb
You could get started when you get all these things ready.
Step 1: Part the hair in the middle
The first thing you need to do is to part the hair in the middle so you could work by sections after one side is finished. Also that way， you will know not to pluck by that middle part too much so your parting space don't look too wide when you pluck the hair.
Step 2: Lightly Wet The Hair
Spray your hair slightly wet ,not drenching the hair too much，just misting it a little bit.
Step 3: Pluck hairline in sections
* Use Tail Comb to take out a small strand of hair along the hairline ,start pluck TF out of your lace frontal .
* Use tweezers to pull out one side of the oblique angle, just started plucking it all the time, making sure you're not plucking a spot too long because that will make that spot get bald.
* After you feel like plucked back there enough, you could take that front and put it back blend it in with the rest of the hair and again.
Another thing when plucking wig on the knee you can use a white rag, the white rag help you see what you need to pluck more and it also help you see the knots on the wig more.
Step 4: Pluck It The Same Way On Both Sides
* In a few minutes , compare both sides to see how the wig come now. Then go ahead and repeat the process again, make the hair a little more moisturized, use tweezers and pluck again.
* Look right here is the perfect example of what I mean thin out the thick parts of the hairline that look like it can be thinned out a little bit more you.
* Darker parts on the hairline just to help thin it out and make it look more natural.
Step 5: Spray Lace Tint
This step is optional . If you are getting a Invisible HD lace , then you do not need to do this step cause Invisible HD lace fits all skin tones .
If you are getting a transparent lace or any lace color that is lighter than your skin tone. Spray lace tint to the whole front lace area then blow dry until it's completely dry ,do this twice.
Step 6: Make the hairline a little bit more smooth
Use hot comb to help smooth out the hairline and the parting space.
After all is done , there you have a perfect hairline !